"I had a colonic, rectovaginal, and ovarian endometriosis, adenomyosis, fallopian adhesion, together with ileocolostomy and 2 times of laparotomy.
My body survived them all.
Now it's my soul's turn to survive also.
Though what's ahead remains unknown
I'd like to keep a hope alive..."

Monday, May 25, 2009

Chapter 5: What was taken, What was left

[Warning! This post contains a picture which may not be suitable for general viewing. If you think you are not ready, do NOT read on]

Some splash of black began to appear, voices slipped through my ears. Wake up already? so I thought, oh please, I want more sleep...

I heard some voices told me that the operation was done, or things like that. Saw faces. Then heard a doc told the other doc not to wake me up so early, to let me sleep a bit more... which I immediately agreed in my heart (^_^);

Yeah, I remembered when EKG thing going on before the surgery, I overheard the doc called his senior for some advices, then got "do not wake her up immediately after" as one of them.

So I saw things in black and white, some people talked to me, some noises... I lost track of time, but I heard voices speaking of break fasting so it was afternoon. I think not until the next day was I more aware of my surroundings.

It was an ICU room. No family member allowed to enter, they could only see me through the wide window far on my right. Yeah, I remember I gave them a thumb up just to show them I was okay (^_^);;

What was annoying about being in ICU was the oxygen devices. I had oxygen tube in my throat. That device makes a loud sound when we don't breath. My device made that noise several times even when I thought I breathed. So ICU is a very noisy room. I had that throat oxygen removed, replaced by an oxygen mask. I asked the doc to change it, then I got an oxygen tube - that little tube in the nose, you know... When I asked the nurse to remove it, she refused as she said that every patient in ICU are considered in crisis so no device's removed. The thing is, I'm claustrophobic. When I had those devices I felt like I was trapped in something so I barely control my breath.

There are 2 big things happened to me in that very room.

operation 1
What was taken from my belly.
I think the tumor (what later on is called endo cyst) is not shown in that pic, though.

First, I was told that a mass of tumor had been taken out of my belly. Together with some part of my intestine and colon. I also figured out that my stomach was flat. Okay, a cause of the pain had gone together with the pain itself... that was the good news.

Second, this was the shocking part. That I had ileocolostomy...

I had no idea what that was, not until the next morning a nurse bathed me. That was the first time I saw it. Something indescribably disgusting on my right belly.

So it was not over yet...

to be continued...


5 comments:

windi herra,  May 29, 2009 at 10:47 PM  

My Lord, Novi told me yesterday that you've been sick badly. I had no idea what kind of sickness, but tonight I get the answer. Keep up the hope alive. I pray for you from here. As long as we keep the faith, please believe that God will give us a way. Love you!

dsy,  June 1, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

@windi
thanks, win... didn't get a chance to tell everyone... well, if I did maybe I'd just load you guys with tears :P
I'm definitely trying my best to keep that hope alive
I know I'm gonna have you all to back me up and pray for me :D

Lala June 1, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

Tetep semangat mbak! moga lekas sembuh!!

Triyono June 11, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Anda luar biasa mbak Dessy, Mari tetap semangat kalahkan penyakit kita. Teriring doa untuk kesembuhan mbak Dessy.
Salam.

distyapuccino July 30, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

mbak desssiii hebat!! mb begitu kuaat,,,
semangat mbaaaa!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving comments.

A line or two from u is a hundred support for me (^_~)

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

All in The Blog

Banner & color mix by dsy
Original Template by OurBloggerTemplates
Papers & Embellishments by Shabby Princess
Frame Brushes by Pixels and Ice Cream
Color Inspiration from Colour Lovers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP