"I had a colonic, rectovaginal, and ovarian endometriosis, adenomyosis, fallopian adhesion, together with ileocolostomy and 2 times of laparotomy.
My body survived them all.
Now it's my soul's turn to survive also.
Though what's ahead remains unknown
I'd like to keep a hope alive..."

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chapter 4: I Could Finally Sleep

September 14, 2008

Lying in an Emergency Unit bed, I was anxious. Merely because the bed was very hard that I couldn't simply find a good position without feeling a back pain. The pain in my stomach was just enough without anything insufficient to make it worse...

I was about to have surgery. What surgery, I didn't know. Not wise (and please, everybody, do not ever be ignorance to what surgery you are going to have), but I wasn't really capable of thinking nor deciding anything for myself.

A lot of stuff going on that night.

I was put NGT (Naso Gastro Tube) from my nose and fluid which I noticed to be feces rushing out. Catheter in. Intravenous feeding in. No pain killer, the doc there said that a pain killer may affect diagnose or something.

3-position gastro X-ray performed, blood test, urine test, and USG... basically everything needed for operation. About that USG... I'll have another word on that later. The main reason why I HATE and have become very sarcastic to obgyn residents.

I could not sleep, at all. In order to endure such a pain and discomfort, I urged myself to listen closely to another case in that Emergency Room. There was a woman whose ring was stuck causing pain in her finger. That ring should be removed. That case was rather funny, even to me who practically could not take any funny story. The conversations between the docs and the doc to the patient gave me a little smile. Any regular procedure to release that ring had been done, none worked.

To be honest, until now, I'm still curious what happened to her after... (^_^);

September 15, 2008

Morning came, a digestive surgeon arrived and had me checked. Okay, another RT... I think I had countless RTs (^_^)p He was pretty upset due to the fact that I came the previous week with a sign of obstruction (from the previous week X-ray) yet no decent treatment. Now that my condition was ugly for an operation, it worsen the risk. Anyway, there was only one thing in my mind... "Doc, PLEASE PUT ME INTO SLEEP!!"

I was taken to Emergency Operating Room, changed clothes, having EKG first, before then put on the operating table.


Operation1 pic a
Right in front of the operating room area,
you can see how big my stomach was

Operation1 pic b
I needed a last minute EKG,
I'm not sure whether it was before or after

Only remember a nurse tapped my left leg, and told me to pray. And she leaned on my left leg made me feel discomfort and distracted my pray (^_^);

Then everything went totally black. (If someone says that blackness would come bit by bit when anaesthetic in, it's a lie... It's just a sudden blackness and emptiness before you know it)

I could finally sleep...

to be continued...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving comments.

A line or two from u is a hundred support for me (^_~)

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

All in The Blog

Banner & color mix by dsy
Original Template by OurBloggerTemplates
Papers & Embellishments by Shabby Princess
Frame Brushes by Pixels and Ice Cream
Color Inspiration from Colour Lovers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP