"I had a colonic, rectovaginal, and ovarian endometriosis, adenomyosis, fallopian adhesion, together with ileocolostomy and 2 times of laparotomy.
My body survived them all.
Now it's my soul's turn to survive also.
Though what's ahead remains unknown
I'd like to keep a hope alive..."

Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 Months After 2nd Surgery - Nice

I've finally decided to stick to my doc, and switch clinic when I have to. Hermina is surely more expensive than Klinik Yasmin, but I can still handle it. My doc did the op, he fully understands my condition, and so far he's done a great job handling my case... so what would I expect more of a doc? (With a little advice from dr. F, thanks doc! :D )

So yesterday I went to RS Hermina mom-&-children hospital. Nice cozy place, indeed.

The bill includes hot coffee/tea and snacks (fried ones, at that time)... but I personally don't think it's a good idea to serve those kinds of food to women with endo (orange/apple juice would be way better :P), so yeah, I didn't take any. Comfortable couch, large flat tv, clean toilet... Okay, so now I can sleep nicer while waiting... (^_^)

Arrived at 2.30 pm, I was number 3. Hmm... so here dr. A's got quite a lot of patients... coz when I called earlier that day, there were
already 22 people booked . But of course, first come first serve. No. 3's fine. Only in half an hour, those lovely couches were fully occupied... wow!

After a little of sleep (I think I always fall asleep while waiting for anything :P), it was the moment of truth. My heart's pounding... Am I okay? Am I okay?

After some interviews, a VT, USG... it was then declared that I was so far so good...! My vagina and cervic (where I had rectovaginal endo and adhenomyosis), uterus, both ovaries... looked as good as it should... I was sooo relieved.

I was prescribed another 400mg pentoxyfilline per day. I wasn't given any hormonal drugs, but some vitamins instead... folic acid and Naturol 400iu. It's going to be for one month before my next visit.

Only God knows how I feel every time I have to go see him.

Anxious.

I think that's why I always appeared pale each time I walked in to his room. Pale, cold, ducked. But as soon as he looked at me in a very happy face, I'd started to feel warmer and calmer... it's all good then.

A doc's mood will be immediately transferred to the patient. I remember as clear as a glass his expression when I was about to be operated. Even when he didn't say a thing, I knew that the risk was high, the hope was little... not that I wouldn't survive or sort, but whether or not he could recondition my reproduction organ in order for me to live like a normal woman.

So when his eyes are brighter than the afternoon sky, then I'll know that I am just fine... That hope is still alive...

7 comments:

Yulia May 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM  

You have a good doctor. I hope you ll be fine. Soon.

Leny,  May 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

dr.A ??? why don't you share your doc's name ??
Hope you will have the best of health, Bundes :D

dsy,  May 15, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

@Yulia... yeah he's a good one, and thanks for your support :D

@Leny... I'm still in doubt mentioning his name, since this kind of journey full of ups and downs, u know sometimes we feel disappointed in our doc... A doc's name is his/her reputation. I'll ask him if it's fine with him ;)
Thanks so much for your support, Jeng Len :D

Joe-ann May 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM  

after reading your entries from "honeymoon is over" I feel so sorry for all the pain you went through. I'm glad that your now fine.keep that hope alive.I'm with you in prayers.

dsy,  May 19, 2009 at 7:52 AM  

@Joe-ann... thx so much for your support, the life from here on is still uncertain but nothing I can do but keep on believing in hope :)

Ashley May 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

Argh! I, too, suffer with endometriosis, and I know the pain you are dealing with both physically and emotionally. I wish you luck on your journey! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

dsy,  May 28, 2009 at 1:32 PM  

@Ashley... thx a lot, wish me catch up with u ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for giving comments.

A line or two from u is a hundred support for me (^_~)

Recent Comments

Recent Posts

All in The Blog

Banner & color mix by dsy
Original Template by OurBloggerTemplates
Papers & Embellishments by Shabby Princess
Frame Brushes by Pixels and Ice Cream
Color Inspiration from Colour Lovers

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP